Friday, August 1, 2014

The Keeper of the Peppy Pineapple and Other Feelings.


         The Keeper of the Peppy Pineapple and Other Feelings.  

Aloha everyone!  

It’s been quite a week for me in a GOOD way. Since I have been back editing The Mystic Manifestor for e-book release, I’ve been moving back into the thing I know works—being connected to my feelings.  

Every time I do that, and connect back in with what my heart and soul want, things move into the flow again for me.  

In the last forty-eight hours, I’ve received wonderful news that Muse It Up Publishing, will publish two more of my sensual romance stories. One a Christmas story Saint Nicholas. Also the first of my Troika Love Series Trilogy – Henry and Isolde 

I was really happy when they picked up my Christmas story, but when I got the email to say I’d been picked up for the first novel in my Troika Love Series, I was literally stunned. Completely lost for words. This incredible feeling that they were going to publish Henry and Isolde!! I was speechless for about half an hour. The wonder of it! What a feeling!!!  

And this is what it’s all about. 

Feelings ~ The F word.  
 
 

They’re our most important barometer for just about anything we do in life. Without them, we’re sunk. We’re a huge ocean liner, dangerously adrift, without a rudder. We might look like we’re in control, but we’re not.  

The more we can feel and let ourselves be vulnerable, the closer we are to our heart energy. And that’s our manifesting center. Without that, we’re still floating, but we’re in the doldrums, no breeze, nothing stirring, the air leaden and heavy…  

Logging into our feelings, obviously comes in a million different forms and ways.  

On another blog this week, I wrote about vulnerabilities. They appeal to us because we’re all fragile and tender on some level. But most of us don’t like exposing those vulnerabilities to the world ad hoc.  

Ask most writers about having a book picked up for publication. Do we cheer less the more books we get published? Do we get blasé? “Oh, another one, goodo!”  

 

No. Most of us, no matter how often we’ve been published, heave out a massive sign of relief. Then squeeze ourselves silly and do the ‘Peppy Pineapple.’ This is the appropriate reaction to good news things while also muttering things to ourselves, like:  

‘YES!!! Hot damn!! They picked up Nicky!!! Yes (okay, so as not to bore you—that word gets repeated a lot!) Then I start the dance… Cha, cha, cha, cha, cha CHA!!! I fling a hip out and my big stray puss Mr. Beaumont looks at me like, “Good lord, I wonder if I should go and get Auntie Corinne from downstairs.”  
 
Hot Pineapple Salsa....er...yes. Use your imagination! LOL
 
 
That was for Nicky, (Saint Nicholas) my Christmas story. By the time the acceptance for Henry and Isolde, came in, I was even beyond the Carmen Miranda salsa. I was at the stunned mullet stage. But a very, very happy stunned mullet. J  





The point is, we all have vulnerabilities, no matter how old, experienced, wise etc we are. It goes with the territory of donning the ‘human being,’ costume. Every book a writer writes and submits, waiting to see if it gets picked up is a nervy experience, no matter how many we’ve had published. What if THIS book’s the one that’s a flub? What if the other twenty I’ve written have just been mere channeled flukes and now the real me is coming out, it sucks!  

Very few of us can be utterly blasé about things like this and we shouldn’t be. Do you think when the ten millionth (probably quite literally) cool thing happens to Richard Branson, he says…nice.  

Hell no. I bet he breaks into the biggest grin and celebrates!  

That exuberance is because he’s hooked into his feelings. How many decisions do you think he’s made from his head? Not that many. He’s got a unique way of doing business, but he’s not alone out there in the world of people who are realizing their gut, intuition and essentially their feelings or heart are the best guide money can buy.  

And the best bit is: they’re free. You own them. They’re yours.  

So use them.  

The good feelings are easy to do for most people. But what about when we get something that’s maybe a wee bit on the icky side? What then?  

When I talked to my mentor today, someone he knew had something fabulous happen for them. He was happy, but also his response seemed slightly lackluster. When we talked about it bit more, deep down, his concern was they’d become rich and famous and leave him. It tainted the joy he should’ve felt for his friend and came across as unenthusiastic.  He was scared on an internal level for himself. And was also feeling guilty and bad he felt that way.  

We all get hit with these vulnerabilities at different times. The trick is to admit them. I’m happy for you, but I’m scared you’ll go off and be famous then won’t want me anymore. When you can admit what you’re feeling, it takes the power out of something. We talked it through and he was a lot better afterward.

I liked that he could open up to me and admit that because he’s an older male.  

I choose to write about the ‘new’ metro men out there. The men, who express themselves, feel their emotions and tell us what they’re feeling. They’re becoming an increasing sector of males that women find 
immensely appealing. Another group I’m in talked about the increase in male/male love stories and the women readership that’s gobbling them up. As Helena Fairfax puts it, "They're on the rise and rise." Why? Another person surmised that women are attracted to the ‘feminized man.’ Not an effeminate man, but an emotionally developed and intelligent, humanized man.  

Whole humans not half people.  


 

Men that don't cry frighten me. When a man is able to be soft and gentle, and expressive, he instantly becomes much more masculine to me. What a dichotomy. But it’s that humanness and depth of feelings again that people gravitate toward.  

How often do we openly admire people who express themselves in some way, whether it’s verbally, through art, music, performing etc. Why? Because they tap into a part of energy that gives us something good.  

My current aim is to be all of who I can be. And that doesn’t mean, being the best writer, movie producer, friend etc.  

It means, being all of ME. All the hidden vulnerable parts of myself. Admitting truths. Facing up to fears and being okay about it.  

In Chi, Henry’s conflicted and feeling slightly awful. On the one hand, he feels bad Charlie and Mea didn’t work out, because he wants Charlie to be loved and love. On the other hand, he’s also secretly relieved Charlie won’t be seeing Mea any more, because he hated him being away from home. That’s real. And it’s okay.  

The more open we can be, the more honest we are to ourselves about how we’re feeling, the more we’re open to what’s going on around us in the world too. It’s a lot easier to manifest anything when you’re in that place.  

So good or bad, keep it real, do the feelings. If you can’t say them out loud, get out a yellow legal pad and scrawl them out until you’re done. When I talked to my mentor, his reaction reminded me that being real is what it’s about.  
 
 

Otherwise how can you celebrate the peppy pineapple when a truckload of them arrive? And they will, if you’re connected and listening to your own feelings on everything. Staying switched on and tuned in.  

Have a dancing pineapple on me! Cha cha cha cha cha CHA!!!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment